Well to start off the year, Darryl and I just moved into a new 3 bdrm town home. It is great, its like 20 feet from the pool and the hot tub and it has so much more room. Since we are going to be here for at least another 3-4 years we will probably paint to make it more personal. But the news of the year... WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!!
I just found out on Tuesday as I was at the hospital getting ready to go under deep IV sedation to have my wisdom teeth removed, but as routine, they did an HCG (pregnancy) blood test on me. So I'm sitting there in the hospital gown on a gurney waiting for the results so I could get on with the procedure and head home. About after an hour after the labs were done, I heard the phone at the nurses station ring. I figured it was the lab... and it was. But nurses being gossipy and loud I heard my results before she came in and told me. I was SOOO excited!! She started to tell me, that she couldn't give me the results, and that I needed to wait for the Doc to come in and tell me. I just interupted her and said, "I know, I know, I'm pregnant!!!" I said "I heard you all at the nurses station talking about it before I even came in." lol She was so embarrassed. Well, I didn't really care, I was so happy! Kind of a dumb nurse anyway! So my 1st OB appointment is Jan. 15, 2010. I used a pregnancy calender/calculator and I should be due around the beginning of September. Darryl and I are so happy and looking forward to our new baby!
As I said earlier, we will start painting soon. We think we are going to start with a green base and then when we find out what we are having we'll add blue or pink depending on if its a boy or a girl. But I could change my mind in a week, so on second thought maybe I'll just wait a little longer. lol Anyway, that is our big news for the new year. Will try to get some pics posted soon from Christmas!