Saturday, November 14, 2009

Long week

Well, I have a long week ahead of me... Hubs is out in VA hunting deer, and I'm here in TX alone cleaning the house. Hmmm, something doesn't seem right in that last sentence. lol
So, good news, or at least we thought... our house in TN was supposed to be getting rented, but apparently the guy wants to get some more "shopping" in before he settles. Don't know whats going on with that as of yet, but no contract has been signed yet. We shall see I guess. Should know something next week, I would think.
Next week I'll be working nights so that will be the start of my long week. I have a hard time adjusting to sleep schedules as it is, so this should be interesting.
I made some AWESOME chowder for dinner tonight. Its called Pablano Chicken Chowder. Mmmm mmm GOOD!! I just love to cook! I don't like to watch much TV very often, but turn on the Food Network, and I'm all over it. Hubs bought me a KitchenAid Mixer for my birthday. It sure has gotten ALOT of use since then:)
In the process of learning how to cook lamb... interesting. I just love P.F. Chang's Chengdu Spiced Lamb... so I'm gonna see if I can duplicate it. So far, haven't been able to find a recipe yet that has Chang's lamb, so I will go merely on taste... this could be interesting.
So far the weather is still warm here in TX, I really miss TN. For Hubs and me, we just know that TN is where we are supposed to be. Its refreshing when you find where home is to you.
Yea, I know the old saying... the one about "Home is where your heart is"... its true when it comes to happiness and love, but comfortability is another thing, I am most in my element in the Hills of Tennessee. Who knows, that may change one day, but for now, thats how it is.

Thats all I got for today. Tomorrow I will be going to a new church, leave it to TX to call a church Cowboy Fellowship of the Cross. Lol, well its got great reviews, so I'll check it out. Will let you know how the new church is.